« Home | AROUND THE CORNER » | I can't stop loving You » | To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time » | The Next Morning....The Tragedy » | I'll be fine » | How True Is Your Love » | Sweetheart...I wish to b with u forever!!! » | Funny Poem - She was looking... » | Pain! Pain! Pain! » | Daydream »

The Prayer of a Mother


The Prayer of a Mother

Protector, defender
Confidant and friend
Encourager, helper
Listener and Godscend

You make time
When there seems
There’s no time to be found
You listen when
There’s no one else around

When others just walk away
I can see you’re watching
Just waiting for me to
Look your way

You sometimes intrude
But it’s only because you care
You want me to grow
But always know you’re there

You find so many ways
To show me you care
Even when I feel embarrassed
By the fact that you’re there

There’s one thing though
I want you to know
It’s the prayer of a mother
That touches the Father’s heart

For it’s filled with compassion
And it never gives up
Though time may weary others
Nothing can truly stop a mother’s love

So thank you for the times
That you stopped and prayed
That the Lord would be my guide
And the times you sensed
Something was not quite right
And you asked the Father
To come and be by my side

Yes it’s the prayers of the mother
That touch a Father’s heart
Those prayers filled with the compassion
That are directed
By a mother’s love.


Google Docs & Spreadsheets -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam